Eversource Energy Associate Accounting Analyst, Revenue Requirements in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
The Associate Accounting Analyst in the Revenue Requirements Department is responsible for creating schedules and filings that support various Company rate change requests. These rate change requests expose the Associate Accounting Analyst to a broad cross-section of functions at both the gas and electric companies. The Associate Accounting Analyst will regularly work with colleagues across the organization gathering data from accounting, treasury, energy supply, field operations, IT, and environmental for use in determining the revenue required to fund the operations of the gas and electric business and earn a return on shareholder investment.
- Prepares accounting information related to revenue requirement projects and assignments.
- Eversource Distribution rate request filings.
- Eversource Generation Service Charge, Federally Mandated Congestion Costs, Competitive Transition Assessment, System Benefits Charge, and Transmission Adjustment Charge trackers.
- Eversource Purchased Gas Adjustment tracker.
- Eversource Conservation Adjustment Mechanism compliance filings.
- Eversource Return On Equity compliance filings.
- Handles urgent internal customer problems promptly as situations arise.
- Participates as directed in group project teams.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and industry-related legislation pertinent to the business area.
- Keeps manager informed of issues, impediments and progress.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Strong knowledge of accounting theory, practices and procedures. Understanding of deferred accounting and principles of amortization. Understanding of rate base and operating income as they pertain to Return On Equity. Understanding of the FERC chart of accounts. Understanding of utility operations and business practices. Experience extracting data from Oracle database, PowerPlan, and TM1 business systems. Ability to work in an environment that requires both the understanding and the appropriate application of generally accepted accounting principles. Ability to understand and interpret complex documents. Strong problem solving skills and ability to analyze data and information and extract relevant factors. Strong spoken and written communication skills. Demonstrated skill with MS Office Applications.· Ability to multi-task and prioritize. Strong team membership skills. Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations. Ability and willingness to work to meet deadlines. Strong customer service orientation. Possess a high degree of initiative, personal ownership and accountability.
Education: ABachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
Experience: A minimum of (0) zero to (3) three experience required.
Licenses & Certifications: CPAand/or public accounting experience is desirable.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor