Eversource Energy Director, Operational Technology in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Role and Scope of Position: Responsible for identifying, promoting and integrating the systems needs of the Operations organization with the corporate IT organization. This role has both strategic and tactical aspects. Strategically, this position will identify and advocate for the long-term system portfolio needs of the Operations organization. Tactically, the role requires on-going performance improvement of existing processes and systems and the successful implementation of new systems. The role includes managing the portfolio of new applications Operations is installing along with the elimination and retirement of aged systems. In addition to supporting the addition of new systems, the role will also coordinate with IT to maintain the systems used in Operations; including Work and Asset Management (WAM), Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Engineering Tools, Mobile Workforce Management solutions, SCADA/EMS, Outage Management Systems (OMS), and Planning and Scheduling.
- Works with the Operations business units to identify system needs to transform, modernize and improve the efficiency of the business.
- Develops Operations’ short and long-term technology strategy and initiatives in coordination with IT and Operations leaders. Develops Operations’ annual plans, guiding the development, release and maintenance of Operations business applications and process control systems.
- Provides leadership in the development and implementation of business integration plans that define the requirements of the business processes for Operations.
- Identifies and shares best practice uses of solutions in the current Operations portfolio with business unit leads and the IT organization; directs the implementation of these practices.
- Partners with IT and Finance to ensure projects meet the expectations of the business areas and are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure sufficient, capable and trained resources are assigned to all Operations IT projects so that the resultant solution meets the needs of the Operations organization.
Responsible for effectively communicating with executives and subordinates to establish and maintain a high level of motivation and sense of direction.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Prefers experience in and knowledge of utility systems.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Master’s Degree preferred.
Experience : Minimum of twelve (12) years of business and technical experience. Utility experience regarding business processes and technology preferred.
Ideal candidate will be an assertive, out of the box thinker with the ability to drive change at all levels!
Working Conditions: Work is primarily performed in an office environment which requires a combination of computer and telephone work as well as travel to our Eversource offices across CT, NH and MA.
Problem Solving & Complexity: Work includes analyzing, planning, organizing, evaluating and documenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Repetitive movement of hands and fingers through typing and writing. Reaching with hands and arms. Occasional standing, walking, stooping or bending.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor