Eversource Energy Information Technology Internship in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Eversource Information Technology is seeking two summer interns to assist with several projects that are underway in the Technical Services area. This includes Disaster Recovery design, data archiving, CMDB (Configuration Management Database) validation and updates, knowledge case validations and Windows 10 project data analysis.
Individuals in this position perform the following job functions:
- Application research and evaluation
- Applying technology solutions to solve business challenges
- Data assessment and validation
- Assist Domain Architects with current projects
- Perform special projects as determined by the Domain Architects
- Assist in needs analysis and solution research for strategy and projects
- Assist in updating technical and end user documentation
- Propose options to resolve any identified process or technical deficiency
- Assist in troubleshooting of various systems
- Assist in performing preventative maintenance and upgrades on various systems
Individuals will have the opportunity to learn about the distributed computing environment at Eversource. The selected candidates will be required to listen to others and accept input from team members; clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally; and accurately prepare written business correspondences that are accurate, effective and professional.
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, to effectively communicate with co-workers and employees at all levels
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to support multiple priorities
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Relevant coursework in IT-related disciplines
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient using MS Office products (ex. Outlook, Skype, Office 2016)
- Experience with Windows 10 and Windows 7
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS (Minimum)
Enrolled in an accredited college or university majoring in Computer Science, MIS or related discipline. GPA greater than or equal to 3.2.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor