Eversource Energy Inside Sales Consultant in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
The Inside Sales Consultant will establish, build and maintain relationships where appropriate with Eversource residential and commercial gas customers through contacts made by telephone, mail, e-mail and occasional face-to-face visits. Organize and leads efforts to develop and provide customized and creative solutions for customers and prospective customers to meet/exceed margin goals, profit and market share, retain and grow revenue and achieve customer satisfaction. Support the development of proactive action plans to reach consensus on customer issues. Direct sales of Eversource Gas Advantage Protection Service Plan (APSP) and other products and services through cold calling and prospecting, mail, e-mail and occasional face-to-face visits to residential single family, residential sub-divisions and small to mid-size commercial customers.
- Responsible for new construction, conversions and load addition projects including main extensions and processing of new business requests.
- Estimate consumption and revenues for commercial and residential single family, sub-divisions, and condominium and apartment complexes.
- Interface and build relationships with architects, engineers and building managers to clarify loads and scope of projects. Obtain and evaluate site plans.
- Prepare customers’ gas requests and forward to construction engineers for installation costs and requirements. Create load sheets and update STORMS with customer and rate information.
- Run financial model to determine project profitability. Negotiate customer requirements including customer digging, backfilling and Contribution In Aid of Construction (CIAC) in order to close sales.
- Work with Legal on language and provisions for non-standard contracts.
- Advise customers on the availability, benefits, application, pricing options and service installation procedures for natural gas.
- Responsible for sell APSP contracts and providing support where needed.
- Responsible for prospecting and cold calling non-customers along and near our natural gas mains. Works with Marketing to develop programs.
- Responsible for promoting energy efficiency programs and services to residential and commercial customers.
- On an as-needed basis, conduct face-to-face sales calls within the field or at an Eversource location. Work with accounts in conjunction with Account Executives.
- Partner on teams with Account Executives to generate leads and close sales.
- Represent the Company at trade shows.
- Build relations with small to mid-size commercial/industrial customers. Develop multiple levels of contact and relationships with assigned customers.
- Serve on teams, as required, to create and provide customized solutions; leads negotiating team efforts on price, product and service agreements.
- Identify and develop business opportunities; establishes rapport with prospective clients and provides marketing programs and services.
- Respond to customer requests, inquiries and complaints regarding products and services; anticipates situations and recommends appropriate action.
- Will have storm restoration and emergency duty assignments.
Leadership Skills: Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation and persuasion skills. Ability to develop and build current and potential relationships with customers and related internal departments.
Technical Skills: The incumbent should possess knowledge and understanding of residential and commercial customers, residential sub-divisions, industry and economic trends, market segments and customer support strategies. Knowledge of end-use equipment, energy alternatives including fuel comparisons, installation of natural gas facilities and energy efficiency program and services. Microsoft Word, Excel and customer service system is preferred.
Education/Experiences: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or the equivalent work experience is required. Five years of related experience, preferably in account management, sales or related areas is required.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor