Eversource Energy Manager, HFM Financial Reporting & Actuals in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. Eversource supports more than 4 million Electric, Natural Gas, and Water customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service.
The Manager of HFM Financial Reporting is primarily responsible for the overall planning, coordination, preparation and oversight of the HFM consolidation, actual-to-actual earnings analysis, and other quarterly and annual reporting requirements. This is a technical reporting role that will manage a team of four employees, ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial information, communicate financial results to senior management, and assist in reviewing a significant number of key corporate deliverables prepared by other areas of the organization, including Investor Relations, Treasury, Legal and Regulatory.
- Owns, reviews, evaluates, and manages the preparation and maintenance of the Oracle HFM application and the official books and records of each Eversource subsidiary as well as Eversource consolidated for both GAAP and FERC hierarchies.
- Oversees the planning, coordination, preparation and filing of the financial statements in the Form(s) 10-K/Q’s for four SEC registrants, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of the financial information and the adherence to U.S. GAAP, FERC and SEC regulations.
- Oversees the preparation and filing of other audited debt compliance financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Prepares and presents a detailed review of earnings and actual-to-actual analysis on a monthly basis to senior management.
- Prepares and provides input on Audit Committee deliverables and ad hoc requests from senior management.
- Conducts reviews of and assists with key corporate deliverables related to other SEC filings, investor relations presentations, regulatory proceedings, and treasury department transactions.
- Coordinates, plans, directs and executes the HFM consolidation component of the external audit process.
- Provides guidance and contributes to the resolution of numerous accounting and reporting issues and initiatives involving Eversource Energy and its subsidiaries, including issues related to new or proposed transactions and the adoption of new accounting pronouncements, where applicable.
- Provides quarterly balance sheet flux analysis to Chief Accounting Officer.
- Leads, manages and develops staff.
- Instills a culture of continuous improvement and implementation of best practices.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Strong knowledge of Oracle EBS and HFM systems required. Strong knowledge of FERC/regulatory accounting and its impact on financial statements required. Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting required. Skilled in Microsoft Office applications. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Extensive resourcefulness to anticipate and direct solutions to complex and/or unusual accounting issues. Ability to draw sound conclusions and act decisively; think and act strategically in a fast-paced environment with frequently shifting and/or conflicting priorities. Strong team leadership as well as team building skills. Strong customer focus.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA designation preferred.
Experience: A minimum of ten (10) years in an accounting or financial reporting environment required, including managerial or supervisory experience; at least three (3) years of public accounting experience preferred.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor