Eversource Energy Manager-System Operations (CT) in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position is jointly accountable with Electric Operations’ Managers and Electric System Operations’ Managers for providing safe, reliable and cost-effective electric service to customers.
Under the general direction of the Director of System Operations, this position is primarily responsible for coordinating work performed on the electric system and response to customer outage. This position oversees highly skilled system operation personnel at system operations centers on a 24 hour, 7-day per week basis. This position also requires frequent off-hour interactions with staff and other stakeholders.
- Assists with the establishment of, and monitors, goals, policies, plans, standards, performance objectives and budget for the Electric System processes. Analyzes and recommends resource levels to plan, develop and implement policies and practices. Monitors operating and financial objectives and ensures alignment with organization and corporate goals.
- Develops system operations center staff. Implements programs to ensure employees possess technical and behavioral skills required to support operating plans. Manages, selects, coaches and develops staff.
- Coordinates the restoration efforts in collaboration with Electric Systems Operations (Response/Restore), Electric Operations’ and other areas in the Operations Organization.
- Assists in the development and implementation of best practices to achieve efficient and effective transmission and distribution system operations. Assists in the planning and implementation of technological enhancements for the System Operation Centers.
- Monitors system conditions and loading, pool coordination, safety clearance support, event notification and reporting and coordination of activities in support of the Operations and Restoration processes.
- Communicates with customers, communities, executives and other stakeholders in regards to system conditions and restoration efforts.
- Manages the System Emergency Preparedness activities jointly with other Electric Operations managers, including operating, tagging and work practices and standards.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Requires a comprehensive understanding of the Company’s transmission and distribution network.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degreeor equivalent related experience required.
Experiences: Minimum of ten (10) years managing or supervising groups engaged in transmission/distribution or related activities. Demonstrated experience in working and communicating across functional boundaries, developing a union workforce and process management.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment, which requires sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area. Manages a workforce that operates on a 24 hour, 7-day per week basis. Attends to problems in off-hours and for extended periods.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
Work involves calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results. Coordinates emergency response activities that could last for extended periods.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor