Eversource Energy Manager, Telecommunications Engineering in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Position is responsible for leading the design, implementation, operation and support of Eversource telecommunication system which supports electric and gas utility operations in three states. Individual is responsible for ensuring that Eversource is receiving maximum business value from its investments in telecommunications technology. Individual will manage various technology portfolios to ensure that Eversource is utilizing the right mix of products and services to meet business requirements. Individual will manage technical telecommunications staff to ensure that Eversource has the human resources in place to plan, design, deliver, operate and support its telecommunications technology based systems.
- Managing telecommunication deployment projects to ensure that the delivery is on-time, within budget and meets client business change requirements.
- Developing and implementing processes, including defining measurable goals, standards and other process measures.
- Developing operational level agreements with clients, and managing overall technology and human resource performance to meet these agreements.
- Managing on-going telecommunications technology operations and processes to ensure high quality, cost effective services.
- Managing operations and technical support personnel, and developing an effective, motivated organization
- Developing and monitoring operating budgets.
Technical Knowledge/Skill : Comprehensive understanding of the design, specification and installation of telecommunications systems, including fiber, microwave, radio, cellular and phone. Excellent communications and presentation skills at all levels, including the senior leadership level, are also required.
Education: Requires a bachelor degree in electrical or telecommunications engineering or related discipline. Master’s degree in engineering or MBA preferred.
Education: Minimum of ten years of experience in the design, implementation and support of telecommunications systems. Must have experience with the application of telecommunications infrastructure to corporate infrastructure. Understanding of electric and gas utility systems is strongly preferred.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor