Eversource Energy Project Manager (Strategic Accounts) in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Individual will manage projects in Connecticut/Massachusetts or New Hampshire to ensure all phases of approved projects are completed efficiently and within scope, on schedule, and within budget. Works closely with management personnel in the Customer Group. Primary duties will include overall responsibility for the management of all aspects of projects, as well as ensuring that all aspects of the projects are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and defined goals.
- Management of project will be monitored by the requesting Director, Projects Director and Manager.
- Assigned projects are multi-discipline in nature, multi stakeholder involvement, and low to medium financial risk exposure profile requiring management reporting communications.
- Manage traditional and non-traditional projects in Connecticut/Massachusetts or New Hampshire
- Responsible to take the necessary action to see that the projects are completed efficiently, on time and within the established budget.
- Integrates and manages a cross functional project team to develop appropriate project roles and responsibilities.
- Manages the team’s review of the project charter. Manages the team’s development of a comprehensive project plan, schedule, communications plan and establishes the change control methodology.
- Manages project close out in a timely manner to support corporate business goals
- Provides clear concise and comprehensive reports for management
- High level of independent management of projects
- Provides clear, concise and comprehensive reports to senior management
- Provides guidance to less experienced project management personnel
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (preferred); Bachelors Degree in Finance, Business or the equivalent degree will be considered.
- Masters Degree is preferred and Project Management class work is desirable.
- Utility Experience Preferred
- 5 years of related experience required. Familiarity with Project Management methodologies is highly desired.
- Skilled in the use of Visio, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to investigate and solve problems, analyze data, write reports and make presentations.
- Possesses the ability to cope with deadlines, manage time, set priorities, define roles and responsibilities, and make decisions.
- Ability to run meetings, motivate others, and interact with others at all levels of the organization.
- The ability to schedule, plan and manage numerous complex projects concurrently.
- Self-starter with strong communication skills, including listening, speaking and writing skills
- Individual leadership abilities, planning skills, decisiveness and customer focus
- Knowledge of Project Management principles and practices
- Excellent leadership, teambuilding, coaching, problem solving, interpersonal and motivational skills required.
- Ability to develop skills to prepare presentations.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Project Management Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor