Eversource Energy Senior Internal Auditor in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Internal Audit is seeking a Senior Internal Auditor who will be responsible for conducting assessments of internal controls over financial reporting and disclosure controls and procedures that support certifications made by senior management under sections §302 and §404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. The Senior Internal Auditor works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure.
- Perform process reviews to identify risks and evaluate the adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting. Work directly with control and process owners to ensure understanding and knowledge of SOX processes and procedures. Work with process owners to ensure SOX documentation requirements are met.
- Develop and execute testing procedures of design effectiveness and operating effectiveness for internal controls over financial reporting.
- Research the risk and impact of control findings and develop time-lines for re-testing.
- Identify SOX impact on control environment due to changes in accounting regulations, internal company policies, system enhancements or implementations, company reorganizations, and make determinations for changes to existing risks and controls or adding new controls when necessary.
- Build strong relationships with SOX control and process owners.
- Work closely with external auditors to ensure alignment of SOX compliance and control finding remediation.
- Supervise and train audit staff.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Proficiency in SOX §302 and §404 requirements and COSO Framework. Strong written and oral communication skills to provide clear and concise information to all levels of Company management. Strong Computer skills including experience with MS Office (Word, Excel and Access). Experience with Maximo, PowerPlan, and Oracle highly desirable.
Education : Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or an equivalent degree is required. An advanced degree and/or related certifications (e.g., CPA, CIA) are highly desired.
Experience: A minimum of (8) eight years of related experience in accounting or auditing is required. Utility industry experience a plus.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor