Eversource Energy Supervisor Construction Services Transmission in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Individual will be responsible for all aspects of the construction field management and construction inspection process of projects for transmission lines and substations in Connecticut and Massachusetts.The selected candidate will directly supervise Transmission Construction Representatives.The selected candidate will work with Project Managers, Engineering, Scheduling, Contract Administration, other Transmission Group managers, CONVEX, Legal, Purchasing, and field staff to ensure the safe and timely completion of work meeting Eversource's quality standards.The selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring compliance with environmental programs, policies, rules, and regulations; will direct safety awareness and compliance initiatives within the department; and be responsible for monitoring the safety and environmental performance of contractors.
- Supervises the performance of all aspects of construction field management activities for Substation and Transmission Lines where contractor resources are utilized.
- Works effectively with Project Managers, Engineering, Scheduling, Contract Administration, other transmission business managers, CONVEX, Legal, Procurement, and field staff to provide support using contractor resources to ensure the safe and timely completion of work meeting Eversource’s quality standards.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the construction phase of projects relative to cost, productivity, schedule, best practices, and Eversource Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures compliance with environmental programs, policies, rules and regulations.
- Directs efforts to achieve world-class excellence regarding safe work practices and safety performance.
- Promotes teamwork among and between all members of the Transmission and Distribution organizations in his/her jurisdiction and other internal groups.
- The position requires system-wide on-call responsibilities.
- Detailed knowledge of transmission construction
- Thorough knowledge of applicable work practices and procedures, and safety requirements
- Possess a detailed knowledge of transmission power system operations, maintenance, and construction.
- Must have good human resource management and business planning skills
- Must have a working knowledge of information technology and the use of Eversource's office automation and information systems.
- Must have good written and oral communications ability.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Applied Science, Engineering, Finance, Business or the equivalent education/experience.
Experience: A minimum of eight years of construction, maintenance, or related experience are required. Experience in Energy Delivery and transmission experience is preferred. Supervisory experience of both non-bargaining unit and bargaining unit employees is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: Must hold a valid motor vehicle driver’s license.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor