Eversource Energy Supervisor, Load Settlement in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
The Load Settlement (LS) Supervisor is responsible for supervising employees and coordinating applicable business processes necessary to successfully satisfy the day-to-day duties and responsibilities of the Load Settlement Group in support of ISO-NE wholesale electricity markets and other key stakeholders, on behalf of all Eversource electric companies. Employees are located in CT, MA and NH, so some travel will be required.
In addition, the Load Settlement Supervisor is responsible for assisting management in identifying, developing and implementing the required tools, processes and applications necessary to support this area of work.
- Has detailed understanding of the data and data systems used by LS to satisfy their reporting requirements in accordance with defined Department policies and procedures, and overall Eversource goals and objectives.
- Ensures timely and accurate daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to ISO-NE and other key stakeholders (i.e., FERC, state regulators, and competitive suppliers) concerning load, tie line, and generation assets.
- Provides accurate metering and billing data to ISO-NE, suppliers and other parties both internal and external to Eversource.
- Operates or oversees the Load Settlement System including updating of the model to incorporate new suppliers, generators and changes in electric system configuration and operation.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a capable and motivated workforce.
- Ensures appropriate documentation is maintained in accordance with approved policies and procedures as they relate to the business function, including Sarbanes Oxley procedures and controls.
- Supports the planning, testing and implementation of software requirements necessary to satisfy/maintain LS activities.
- Assists management with planning, evaluating, determining requirements and implementing work initiatives for current and future market initiatives.
- Prepares and conducts employee performance evaluations.
- Conducts and/or assists with the LS day-to-day activities as needed.
- Supports regulatory initiatives including providing technical expertise, testifying, preparing and reviewing data requests for regulatory proceedings pertaining to load estimation and reconciliation processes, procedures and techniques.
- Assists in the development and administration of the operating budget.
- Prepares highly-detailed reports and presentations tailored to specific audiences which may include statistical summaries and graphical representations through text, tables and charts.
- Plays a significant role within the organization by providing ad hoc, detailed information targeted to specific projects and to refine/build infrastructure around existing practices for value-added customer services.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and industry-related legislation pertinent to the business area and reports on significant developments in energy utilization, load settlement practices, technologies and legislative enactments.
- Keeps Manager/Director informed and up-to-date on undertaken projects, issues, impediments and progress.
- Serves in an Eversource storm restoration and emergency role, as needed.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Strong and positive interaction skills. Strong customer focus. Clear verbal and written communications. Strong functional understanding of computerized business systems. Ability to use and apply sound judgment. Ability to work effectively with various levels within the organization (Billing, Meter Systems and Data Management, IT Support, Suppliers, Generators, etc.). Knowledge and understanding of the ISO-NE wholesale electricity market and the Eversource electrical system. Familiar with the Microsoft Suite Products (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint). Demonstrated skill using and manipulating large computer databases. Knowledge of mainframe (TSO) and PC computer skills (I.e., SAS programming, JCL, AQT, SQL, VBA). Experience with the Eversource billing systems.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics/Finance, Engineering, or other data intensive field.
Experience: A minimum of ten (10) years of experience is required for the Supervisor level.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor