Eversource Energy Supervisor, Transmission Vegetation Management in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for overseeing the execution of the Company’s transmission vegetation management programs across Eversource. Supports development, evaluation and implementation of transmission vegetation management methods that are aligned with and support federal, state and local regulations, as well as Eversource operations, procedures and safety practices. Establishes and maintains positive relations with state agencies, municipalities and individual customers by providing technical expertise related to rights-of-way maintenance, arboricultural practices and integrated vegetation management programs. Leads the transmission Arborist team in the absence of the Manager, Transmission Vegetation Management.
- Provides field support and oversight for transmission arborists in CT, MA and NH. Provides coaching and guidance to ensure consistent execution of program objectives.
- Serves as primary liaison for Transmission Maintenance and Transmission Projects groups. Responsible to review and ensure that project and maintenance activities are reflective of the overall reliability and maintenance program objectives. Reviews any mitigation planting plans to ensure that incompatible species are not proposed or installed inappropriately in the right of way corridor.
- Provides oversight for transmission arborists conducting transmission interruption investigations and preparation of event reports.
- Supports the preparation of periodic compliance reports and filings with respective agencies and regulators.
- Oversees the preparation of environmental filings and applications to support transmission program activities, in conjunction with Environmental Affairs and other internal Departments.
- Leads contractor field crews responsible for the clearance of vegetation from electric transmission lines rights of way corridors in conformance with federal and state regulations and Eversource operations and safety practices.
- Supports the development, evaluation and implementation of new methods for line clearance and vegetation management in compliance with applicable regulations and standards, as well as Eversource tactical and strategic objectives.
- Works closely with municipal representatives and individual customers involving Eversource vegetation programs and practices, and acts as first level of Company response to issues and complaints relating to vegetation practices.
- Ensures vegetation management objectives are achieved through the development of project plans, providing clear direction to staff and closely managing resources.
- Monitors federal, state and local regulatory rules, regulations and requirements, and assesses their potential impact on vegetation management and apprises management as necessary.
- Supports the execution of the Company’s storm restoration plan and efforts through special vegetation management or electric operations assignments.
- Reports activities and progress on work assignments to management.
- Assists with budget preparation, as well as the tracking, reporting and monitoring of department goals.
- Identifies the need for and justifies hiring outside consultants and contractors.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, related discipline or equivalent experience. Minimum of eight (8) years related experience in utility arboriculture. Requires in-depth working knowledge of arboricultural techniques and basic knowledge of electric transmission and distribution systems. Also requires extensive knowledge of federal, state and local vegetation management regulations and standards. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.Requires a State Arborist Certification, International Society of Arboriculture license and Department of Agriculture Pesticide license.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor