Eversource Energy Response Specialist - Line in Cheshire, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, clearing faulty and unsafe conditions, including maintaining or restoring electrical service, by temporary or permanent means to include replacing or bracing/lashing poles, securing pole tops, floating conductors, extending secondary, or as described in the below listed duties.
The below illustrative duties will be performed as a single-person crew or as a multi-person crew as dictated by the task and applicable work methods.
- Clearing faulty and unsafe conditions including maintaining or restoring electrical service by temporary or permanent means;
- Operate primary* and secondary fault locating equipment on URD systems in order to isolate the faulted equipment and restore the customers;
- Operate switching and control devices on both the overhead and underground systems (pad mounted equipment). See Attachment C for further information;
- Connect, disconnect, and operate portable transformers and temporary primary jumpers under emergency or urgent conditions;
- Replace failed transformers with assistance of other qualified employee(s);
- Replace damaged or faulty equipment during the initial response;
- Perform street light repair work including replacing defective bulbs, photocells, and heads along with new installations( up to a 250 watt head and under a 12’ bracket);
- Install and remove minimal cover up as needed. This may include primary conductors;
- Perform secondary overhead and URD service connections associated with connecting customers;
- Perform overhead distribution system line patrols;
- Perform URD and overhead equipment inspections;
- Make current and voltage measurements, as required;
- Determine and record causes of failures and communicate the findings to the SOC;
- Communicate the status of outages to the SOC – on-site, restoration projections, ETRs, etc.;
- Investigate customer concerns, communicate with customer when needed to provide information;
- Investigate and correct complaints of interference to telephone, radio, or television reception;
- Document and submit required records and reports associated with trouble, line patrols, equipment inspections, and other related work;
- Utilize mobile data terminals as they become available;
- Check substation equipment status and communicate what is visually ascertained with respect to associated targets. Operate GOABs that Line Mechanics operate (excluding GOABs with keyed interlock systems), reclosers and cutouts when needed, as well as other equipment that Line Mechanics currently operate.
*this includes all URD/DB single phase systems and three phase radials
The successful candidates will remain in their present classification and pay rate until such time as their respective zone starts the training.
The Response Specialist pay rate is not effective until day one of training for that position.
Please submit a resume with your application.
A fully qualified Line Mechanic with at least one or more year of experience is required.
Bargaining unit employees under the TEAL contract will be given first consideration. In addition, this position is being posted internally and externally.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor