Eversource Energy Supervisor, Technical Training (Underground) in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
Role and Scope of Position:
This position develops and conducts technical training programs to ensure the safe and effective performance of the Electric Operations, Gas Operations and Meter Technical employees. Training includes both classroom and on-the-job training and would incorporate both conceptual and hands-on instructional methods. Responsibilities would also include participation in testing and evaluation of new tools, materials, and equipment, the ongoing revision and maintenance of standards and procedures, conducting of quality assurance audits and supervision evaluation and certification of field employees.
- Works with field personnel and supervisors to analyze job tasks and current field performance to determine training needs and program content.
- Effectively implements training programs and field quality audit programs.
- Supervises, directs and instructs trainees during classroom, hands-on and on-the-job training assignments.
- Evaluates performance during training and follows up on students learning through field visits, observations and refresher training.
- Provides updates and incorporates new procedures and revisions into training programs and reviews work with vendors, technical experts, engineers, field personnel to provide operational input into the selection and operation on new equipment and development of new construction standards.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Requires knowledge of utility transmission and distribution system design, operations, maintenance, and construction principles and practices, safety standards and business processes. Also requires excellent communication skills, ability to present theory and concepts, as well as hands-on technical instruction with clarity, confidence and enthusiasm. Requires leadership and coaching abilities. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word & Excel). Working knowledge of labor contracts.
Education/Experience Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline plus five (5) years of experience in Transmission, Distribution, and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing customers, and supervising employees; OR
An Associate’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline plus seven (7) years of experience in Transmission, Distribution, and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing customers, and supervising employees; OR
Minimum of eight (8) years in Transmission, Distribution, and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing customers and supervising employees.
Licenses & Certifications: Massachusetts Drivers License, D.O.T. Preferred
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor