Eversource Energy Associate Engineer in East Springfield, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
THIS POSITION IS ALSO BEING POSTED AT THE FULL ENGINEER LEVEL (R-003579); HOWEVER, ONLY ONE POSITION WILL ULTIMATELY BE FILLED.
Individual will represent Eversource Western MA Engineering in the Springfield District with responsibility for the cost effective reliable operation of an assigned portion of the electric distribution system in the Springfield area. Individual will work in a team environment and report to a Lead Engineer.
- Works Safely – Understands and follows the Company safety rules. Ensures that safe work practices are followed by others and takes responsibility for the safety of self, other workers (internal and external), and customers. Considers safety in all aspects of assigned work.
- Monitors and Identifies System Needs - Identifies improvement and major repair needs on the distribution system for assigned Springfield area substations and circuits. Reviews daily interruption and trouble reports to determine if corrective action is required and analyzes projected deficiencies (voltage levels, overloads, reliability performance, etc.).
- Develops Cost Effective Action Plans - Employs rigorous problem solving techniques to develop solution sets as required to meet system needs. Utilizes cost / benefit analysis to prioritize improvements and repairs within the Springfield District and works with other members of the Eversource Western MA Engineering team to prioritize work across Eversource Western MA.
- Supports Field Engineering Design - Provides Engineering support to FED for large load additions that require substantial changes to the distribution system.
- Supports Eversource Western MA - May be involved with researching and drafting responses to regulatory requests, distributed generation interconnection design, safety investigations, budgeting, and other items that support the overall operation of Eversource Western MA.
- Emergency Restoration and Storm Support - Provides engineering support during abnormal system conditions and emergency restoration. Responds when needed in assigned storm role.
- Ability to analyze information, determine relevant facts, and make decisions.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with counter-parts in outside organizations.
- Ability to apply engineering and economic principles.
- Ability to understand and resolve engineering, business, and other technical issues.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize work and complete tasks with minimal guidance.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical preferred).
Experience : Zero to three (3) years of related experience is required. Familiarity with electric distribution system engineering is preferred. Experience with electric power distribution system construction, operation, and maintenance is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: A valid motor vehicle operator's license is required.
Working Conditions: The position requires work in an office environment, at customer locations, on construction sites, and in the field including entry in manholes, vaults, and other locations where electrical equipment is located. The position requires the use of company provided PPE.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor