Eversource Energy Senior Project Specialist in East Springfield, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
THIS POSITION IS BEING RE-POSTED. CANDIDATES WHO PREVIOUSLY APPLIED NEED NOT REAPPLY.
The Senior Project Specialist will design and manage a larger and/or more complex portfolio of overhead and underground electric distribution projects in Eversource’s West Region of Massachusetts.The position is embedded within the System Engineering organization and reports to a Lead Engineer.
- Works Safely – Understands and follows the Company safety rules. Ensures that safe working practices are followed by others and takes responsibility for the safety of themselves, other workers, and customers.
- Acts Independently – Prioritizes and completes work in a timely fashion with minimal direction. Recognizes the need for and seeks guidance.
- Designs Distribution Work According to Standards & Work Practices - Ensures that projects are designed according to applicable standards. Understands the financial restraints placed on the business and individual projects and incorporates alternate designs to minimize costs while accomplishing the desired result. Understands the sequence that the work must be accomplished and incorporates.
- Communicates with Internal & External Stakeholders – Effectively liaisons with project stakeholders including: company employees, customers, town/city officials, etc. Professionally represents the company in public forums. Ensures that job sketches and diagrams are accurate, clear, and complete.
- Identifies & Coordinates Resolution of Project Roadblocks - Recognizes and manages various project roadblocks. Effectively liaisons with stakeholders to obtain petitions, easements, environmental approvals, long lead equipment, tree trimming, etc. to ensure timely and efficient completion of projects. Recognizes and incorporates alternate designs to minimize the impact of roadblocks.
- Manages Projects - Monitors the project completion and acts as the authority on the historical performance, key decisions and status of the project.
- Technical Knowledge/Skill - A working knowledge of Company organization, policies, practices, and procedures is required. A working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word and Excel) and other software (STORMS, LDPro, Passport, PowerPlan, DARS, C2, etc) is required. A valid motor vehicle operator’s license is required. Mechanical, computer, math, and communication aptitude are highly desirable. Will have storm restoration and emergency duty assignments.
- Education - An Associate’s degree in engineering, business administration or equivalent is required.
- Experience - A minimum of ten (10) years of electric distribution experience is required.
The position requires work in an office environment; travel to assignments (mostly within Western Massachusetts); appearance in often televised/recorded public, field work including entry in manholes, vaults, and other locations where electrical equipment is located. The position requires the use of company provided PPE. The position requires work in various environmental conditions. The position also has a field based Storm Assignment.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
- Technical/Professional Knowledge – Maintains technical and professional skills/knowledge to complete assigned tasks. Maintains awareness of the developments and trends in the industry.
- Information Monitoring – Develops procedures for the collection and review of information necessary for the management of projects; takes into consideration the skills, knowledge, and experience of the responsible individuals and characteristic of the assignments or projects.
- Team Influence – Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals (or a team) toward goal achievement; modifies behaviors to accommodate the tasks, situations, and people involved.
- Planning and Organizing (Work Management) - Establishes a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal; plans proper assignments of personnel and appropriately allocates resources.
- Strategic Planning (Long-range Planning) – Establishes a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision; allocates resources—human, material, financial; defines intermediate goals and contingencies.
- Analysis (Problem Identification) – Accesses relevant information and identifies key issues and relationships from a base of information; relates and compares data from different sources; identifies cause-effect relationships.
- Follow-up – Establishes procedures to monitor the results of delegations, assignments, or projects.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Project Management Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor