Eversource Energy Director, System Planning in Hartford, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position, in conjunction with other areas of the Engineering Organization, shares accountability for ensuring the optimal performance and utilization of system assets through the management of the System Planning area.
This position is responsible for the assessment of system adequacy and reliability, completion of risk management analysis, defining the need, size, location, priority, timing and justification of major system projects (transmission lines and substations providing bulk power delivery to the distribution system), distribution and DER planning, incorporation of system capital investment proposals into the budget process, managing the submission and regulatory review of these projects, and completion of interconnection studies for customer requesting transmission service.
- Manages the System Planning function by establishing and monitoring area goals, policies, plans, programs, performance objectives and budget. Analyzes and recommends resource levels to plan, develop and implement programs and policies. Establishes operating and financial objectives and aligns with department goals. Manages area financial resources.
- Coordinates activities across Company departments and with outside organizations including interconnected utilities, generators, regulators, ISO and NEPOOL.
- Oversees the management and development of area staff. Assesses the need for, and oversees implementation of, programs to ensure employees possess technical, interpersonal and organizational skills required to support operating plans. Supervises, selects, coaches and develops area staff.
- Implements best practices to achieve efficient and effective planning activities.
- Establishes and monitors system network equipment capabilities, utilization and performance measures.
- Manages the performance of system planning and interconnection studies for customer requesting transmission services.
- Directs the development and utilization of a multi-horizon planning package leading resource requirements for planning and identifying near and long-term system expansion, reliability and re-enforcement needs.
- Collaborates with other departments/engineers on preliminary and final design of system projects.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Requires knowledge in electric transmission and substation planning, distribution and DER planning, operations support, budgeting, project analysis, working cross-functionally and communicating. Demonstrated leadership in strategic planning and thorough working knowledge of NEPOOL and the Independent System Operator (ISO) as they relate to planning. Demonstrated ability to influence and lead others.
Education: Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of twelve (12) years in system planning or operations management.
Licenses & Certifications: Professional Engineer’s License preferred.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor