Eversource Energy Team Lead, Siting in Hartford, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
The Project Siting Lead ensures that critical transmission projects advance through appropriate state and local regulatory siting processes in an expedient manner, providing leadership and coordination among a team of project siting specialists and interfacing in cross-functional project teams at Eversource.
Estimate and manage project budget allocations for labor, legal support and consultants to support the siting effort, as required and approved by Project Management.
- Guide the Project Manager and lead/coordinate with Project Siting Specialists
- Develop and implement siting strategies and schedules for specific transmission projects in accordance with the overall corporate business strategy and standardized processes and procedures
- Coordinate with Siting & Construction Services to ensure seamless communications with regulators, government officials, business owners, residents and other stakeholders regarding project activities
- Ensure formal applications, petitions and other applicable documents for siting new or upgrading existing transmission and substation facilities, including related ISO-NE cost-allocation applications, are prepared in a consistent standardized manner
- Coordinate associated inputs, testimony and data/record request responses by technical disciplines including, but not limited to, engineering, system planning, environmental, legal and real estate and with outside contractors supporting the siting effort; utilize database software to facilitate such coordination
- Coordinate and lead all agency field reviews
- Lead the submittal, and obtain approval of, any subsequent reports, plans, studies or filings as required by regulation or ordered by the siting agency
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure a consistent compliance assurance process regarding siting agency conditions and project approvals
- Maintain proficiency with state siting procedures, regulations and orders to ensure consistency and incorporate evolving direction from docket to docket
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with agency staff, as applicable
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree; Law, Business Administration, Finance, Economic, Environmental, Engineering related degree. Minimum seven years’ utility or related industry experience. Regulatory and/or legal experience preferred.
- Proven experience working with legal contracts and regulatory orders, and in particular, siting orders
- Direct job duty experience highly desirable (Major Responsibilities above)
- Understanding of electric transmission
- Experience with transmission planning, evaluation of project alternatives and routing highly desirable
- Understanding of Federal and state energy regulation, particularly siting and permitting
- Strong strategic and business acumen, communication skills and influence skills
- Ability to interact effectively with transmission customers and project stakeholders
- Ability to organize and manage teams of engineers, lawyers, and communication professionals
- Leadership skills and potential for future leadership growth
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor