Eversource Energy Supervisor, Electric Field Operations in Hooksett, New Hampshire
Job Description Summary:
Provides customers with safe, reliable, competitively priced and environmentally sound electric service through ensuring that the Eversource transmission and distribution systems are constructed, maintained and operated to high quality standards. Provides customers with accurately and timely information with regards to construction, service and restoration activities.
The Supervisor’s role is multifaceted with responsibilities including; work planning and coordination, scheduling, execution of fieldwork activities, performance measurement, coaching, mentoring, and various administrative duties. Emphasis is placed on various aspects of these responsibilities through rotational assignments into positions throughout the organization. This position supervises work planning staff and multi-skilled work crews engaged in the execution of processes to operate, maintain, restore, and construct the Eversource transmission and distribution systems.
- Manages performance by reviewing and evaluating work of employees. Identifies, builds consensus and communicates performance measures and expected performance levels. Assesses and improves team and employee performance through coaching and on-the-job training.
- Fosters an environment of teamwork, creativity and problem solving. Shares information and encourages participation in the decision making process. Removes obstacles through communication with other areas.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and company work rules and procedures. Understands and complies with the labor contract and works to resolve initial grievances. Initiates appropriate disciplinary action when required.
- Communicates with customers and community officials concerning all aspects of utility construction, operations, restoration, maintenance, and service delivery.
- Ensures the safety of personnel by taking direct preventive measures, conducting effective monthly safety meetings and ensuring all related standards, rules and laws are understood and followed.
- Ensures that work is performed in accordance with appropriate company standards and work methods including monitoring for a high quality of workmanship. Provides employees feedback and seeks to resolve quality variations.
- Identifies, develops and implements work process and practices improvements.
- Coordinates the planning and scheduling of work and resources for field operations, restoration and corrective maintenance.
- Directs the work planning process including; preparation and prioritization of work plans and schedules, resource and materials requirements and forecasts and coordination with other processes for optimal resource utilization.
Knowledge of utility Transmission and Distribution system design, operations, maintenance, and construction principles and practices, safety standards and business processes. Project and schedule management skills including skills with computerized work and materials management and scheduling tools. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel). Working knowledge of labor contracts.
E ducation: A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience required.
Experience: Five years of related experience is required. Previous experience in electric distribution and/or transmission is preferred. Previous experience in a supervisory role is alsopreferred.
Licenses & Certification: Valid Motor Vehicle License required. DOT Driver’s License preferred.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor