Eversource Energy Manager, Media Relations in Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Description Summary:
Serves as the primary spokesperson for Eversource in New Hampshire. This position establishes and maintains a constructive and positive relationship with the print and broadcast media in New Hampshire. Responsible for working in partnership with Eversource corporate media relations and social media staff to ensure consistency of messaging to the media throughout the organization. In conjunction with all other Corporate Relations areas, develops and maintains favorable relationships with Eversource’s key constituents by developing strategies and directing programs to promote and position Eversource in national, regional, local and trade media as an industry leader and trusted energy partner. Stays abreast and knowledgeable of emerging New Hampshire public policy issues and legislation related to company issues. Direct report to Eversource Director of Media Relations & Social Media, and responsible for keeping broader Strategic Communications Department up to date on relevant New Hampshire news.
- Develops a pro-active media relations program to strengthen the company’s image in the media as a customer focused and financially-strong leader in the energy industry
- Manages the preparation and release of all newsworthy information in accordance with established policies and regulatory guidelines
- Serves as media representative on various Eversource project teams as assigned
- Collaborates with social media team members to ensure a consistent and integrated communication presence within all media channels
- Maintains relationships with key trade, business and consumer media reporters and editors in New Hampshire and, as appropriate, New England and national writers
- Establishes and maintains positive and constructive relations with the print and broadcast media
- Oversees arrangement of interviews involving operating company executives and managers and with media representatives, and prepares company representatives for such interviews.
- Provides assistance from a media relations perspective in preparing, reviewing, revising and approving, all public statements and speeches, media scripts and articles prepared by Eversource New Hampshire employees
- Prepares short and long-range communications strategies that address actual and potential issues
- Collaborates in the development and management of all emergency and crisis media communications
- Serves in an on-call rotation to respond to off hours media inquiries
- Storm Duty: Serves in role of Media Relations Manager during periods of storm restoration/emergency operations
- Requires extensive knowledge of media relations and programs
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- At least ten (10) years of professional communications/media relations experience, including on-camera experience with the news media, knowledge of the energy industry a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related discipline
Number of Openings:
Corporate Relations Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor