Eversource Energy Engineer Gr. 3 in Somerville, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
POSITION: 1- Engineer Gr. 3
DEPARTMENT: System Engineering
LOCATION: Somervile, MA
STARTING RATE OF PAY: $38.89
CURRENTLY POSTED HOURS: 7:00AM – 3:30PM
**Union Represented Position**
The title Engineer designates employees whose responsibilities and duties require professional knowledge and aptitude for creative thinking in some specific field of engineering, such as electrical, electronic, mechanical, chemical, civil, heating and ventilation, or structural and whose activities are in connection with engineering construction, operation or maintenance assignments, or other technical work of the Company.
Engineers must effectively conduct their work activities with regard to the work of others such as: engineers or others working on the same projects; personnel of other departments; representatives of consulting engineering firms, municipalities, other utilities, manufacturers, customers, contractors; contractors’ employees engaged in related activities.
It will be essential for Engineers engaged in certain activities involving other departments to acquire familiarity with any applicable rules and procedures established by those departments such as “Permit” procedure, “Red Tagging” procedures, Safety Rules and procedures, System Operating Department routines, etc.
Engineers are responsible for the safe, efficient, and productive performance of the work.
Engineers must ensure that all proper tools, equipment, and material are specified for job assignments.
This position is essential to providing the necessary engineering coverage, especially during summer heat events and storm restoration efforts. Most importantly, this position will enable engineering to meet the demands of the constant high new customer design workload, the increasing third-party attachments and DG interconnection workload, and provide the Electric Operations department with the expected level of support related to the annual capital plans. Further, the Grade 3 Engineering position plays a key role in switching operations and loading concerns due to off-schedules and planned outages.
Typical System Engineering workload is as follows:
• New Customer Connect (NCC) work orders
• Capital Plan project designs
• Distribution circuit analysis and mitigation designs
• Department of Public Utilities Significant Outage Reports
• Load relief switching and Electric Service support
• Technical support during construction for NCC and system improvement projects
• Distribution circuit annually loading analysis
• System change notices and records updates
• Substation project support and related distribution upgrades
• Daily circuit outage report review and corresponding system improvements
• Attend customer meetings and site visits
• Review circuits for optimal performance and operation – capacity and reliability
• Analyze and solve voltage and power quality issues
1. Bachelor ofScience degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Technology (BSET).
2. Must have demonstrated personality traits such as accuracy, initiative, judgment, originality and attention to detail.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor