Eversource Energy Manager, Substation Operations (Somerville - West) in Somerville, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
Role and Scope of Position:
This position is jointly accountable with other Electric Operations’ Managers for providing safe, reliable and cost-effective electric service to customers. Under the general direction of the Director of Station Operations, this position is responsible for the effective management of the Company’s distribution and transmission substation operations and maintenance activities, within a geographic region. Also responsible for developing the budget, setting plans and goals and overall management of area personnel and resources.
- Approves, directs and oversees the development and implementation of policies for Station Operations.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations and maintenance of area substations, ensuring that the systems in place are being maintained according to applicable statements of policy.
- Recommends and implements plans, policies and programs which promote improved, safe, reliable and efficient operations and maintenance of area company substations.
- Ensures that improvements in systems, processes and procedures are identified and implemented.
- Establishes plans to improve the cost effectiveness, timeliness and reliability of area substation operations.
- Ensures cost effective, high quality and timely delivery of maintenance and operational services to internal customers.
- Communicates and reinforces the processes and objectives and their significance to the Company’s overall business objectives.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires extensive knowledge of the Company’s transmission and distribution system.
Education: Minimum of ten (10) years managing or supervising groups engaged in transmission/distribution or related activities. Demonstrated experience in developing a supervisory team, a union workforce and process re-engineering.
Experience : Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, related discipline or equivalent experience. MS in Engineering or MBA preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: None
Work is performed primarily in an office environment, which requires sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area. Manages a workforce that operates on a 24 hour, 7-day per week basis in multiple locations. This will require visiting multiple locations on a frequent basis. Attends to problems in off-hours and for extended periods.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
Work involves calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results. Coordinates emergency response activities that could last for extended periods.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor