Eversource Energy Supervisor, Field Operations Support, Gas in Waterbury, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for the initiation, preparation and closing of work packets that support the construction and maintenance work activities performed by Gas Field Operations at the local District level. The position works collaboratively with the local District Planning & Scheduling Supervisors to ensure that all required work is initiated, prepared and completed in an accurate, timely and cost-effective manner. The position adheres to prescribed timeframes for all capital, maintenance and mandated work to ensure that regulatory requirements, customer needs and business objectives are continually satisfied. The position ensures that completed work; including but not limited to new business, compliance and mandated work, system reliability, maintenance and construction, is closed out in the Accounting and Work Management systems in an accurate, timely and cost-effective manner. The Supervisor of Gas Field Operations Support will organize the work force for optimum efficiency across all operating regions within their assigned territory.
- Collaborates with the Planning and Scheduling department to plan and schedule field work for each operating District
- Oversees and coordinates the preparation of work packets for leak repairs, corrosion repairs, demolitions, standard main replacement projects and other work as assigned
- Ensures that all street opening and environmental permits are applied for and received in a timely manner
- Responsible for the integrity of data input into the work management systems and operating databases
- Assists with District liaison activities with local and municipalofficials. Resolves customer issues and concerns, as required.
- Ensures that an adequate and proper supply of prepared work is available in each District to support the completion of annual work plans
- Analyzes performance measures and metrics to monitor and evaluate the performance of the Gas Field Operations Support organization and its ability to meet internal expectations
- Implements work practices and process improvement plans to improve efficiency and ensure consistency
- Supervises the management and development of the Gas Field Operations Support staff
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, related discipline or equivalent experience.Minimum of (5) five years of related experience including managing multiple projects and deadlines, utilizing technology and process implementation in electric or gas distribution and/or operations. Experience Supervising in a Union environment.
Requires knowledge of gas distribution operations including engineering, construction and maintenance practices. Strong knowledge of customer information systems, Work Management Systems, MS Office products (Access, Word and Excel) and work management processes. Strong interpersonal and communications skills.Demonstrated leadership executing change within an organization. Using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals (subordinates, peers and superiors) toward goal achievement; modifying behavior to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals involved.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor