Eversource Energy Designated Employer Representative (DER) in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
This position oversees compliance activities relating to the Department of Transportation (DOT), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) and other federal, state and local regulatory bodies. Mitigates liability associated with non-compliance of federal, state and local regulations associated with gas and electric utilities.Audits, inspects and monitors the performance of Occupational Health Clinics to ensure continued compliance with DOT regulations and Eversource’s’ policies and procedures.
- Maintains and facilitates respirator surveillance programs.
- Administers Driver Qualification program, in coordination with the Transportation Department, to ensure that all drivers follow FMCSA regulations. Monitors medical status of employee during any period of disqualification.
- Facilitates Hearing Conservation program, in coordination with the Safety Department, utilizing outside vendors to provide annual hearing evaluations and to track work-related hearing shifts, if applicable.
- Overall responsibility for all drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and follow-up testing.
- Acts as the liaison with the third-party vendors that Eversource utilizes.
- Responsible for mandatory Fitness for Duty supervisor training.
- Works in conjunction with the Transportation Department to ensure compliance with the PHMSA’s federally mandated annual requirement of providing contractor/subcontractor drug and alcohol testing statistical data on the Management Information System Report.
- Participates in audits of the Department of Public Utilities (DPU) and Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA).
- Updates corporate policies to reflect compliance updates and regulatory changes in conjunction with the Medical Director.
Requires extensive knowledge of DOT, FMCSA, PHMSA and related health and safety regulations. Ability to use Microsoft Office applications and other systems for analysis and reporting.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, related disciplines or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years in managing compliance.
Licenses & Certifications: DER Certification preferred.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor