Eversource Energy Director, Project Controls, Engineering in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
The Director of Engineering Project Controls is responsible for the group that provides all scheduling, contract administration and project control services for engineering activities of the Engineering organization.Position provides these services for all stages of engineering scope in a project lifecycle from initiation, through closeout, with lessons learned to understand failure/success and establish best practices.Position will manage the oversight function to monitor the performance of internal and external engineering resources.For external engineering resources, ensure their compliance to negotiated scope and terms and conditions.The position will also serve as the Engineering liaison to capital project leadership.
- Manages and coordinates support services in the areas scheduling, contract administration, and project controls of engineering activities.
- Responsible for engineering contract issues for external engineering resources from project execution to contract closeout. Works with Procurement to develop and execute engineering contract strategies, and manages contract administration in support of engineering activities.
- Engineering support activities include, but not limited to, producing schedules, specialized cost reports and development and utilization of performance tools.
- This group works closely with the Engineering leaders and/or engineers assigning or managing internal or external engineering work to develop and maintain an accurate, credible schedule and status of assigned engineering activities.
- This group will be responsible for developing, maintaining and report out of key Engineering metrics including schedule performance, productivity, change order management, contract invoice processing and other key metrics that will continue to drive efficiency and transparency for Engineering execution.
- Manages engineering change control process. Ensures engineering baselines for cost and schedule are established and monitored against actual engineering performance. Produces engineering variance reports and performance dashboards.
- Works with Transmission Business, Operations Project Managers and Engineering Leadership to ensure engineering budgets and schedules are in alignment with overall objectives.
- Knowledge of project scheduling, cost controls, and contract management
- The individual must be self-reliant with a strong sense of self-motivation, possess good communication skills, and demonstrate the ability to lead and direct activities of others.
- Ability to monitor and analyze cost and scheduling information, provide forecasts, make recommendations, and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Previous experience as a manager and/or working in team environments as well as supporting process improvements and group facilitation.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required; MBA or equivalent advanced degree desirable
Experience: Twelve (12) years of related experience required. Project Management experience is desirable.
Licenses & Certifications: PMP desirable
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor