Eversource Energy Director, Customer Contact Centers- CT or NH in Windsor, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position can be based in Windsor, CT or Manchester, NH.
The Director of Customer Contact Centers position is responsible for directing and managing the strategy, operations, performance, quality, and workforce planning for the Eversource residential, business and credit Contact Centers. This position directs approximately 450 represented and non-represented Eversource employees in our Manchester, NH, Westwood, MA and Windsor, CT contact center locations. This position is also responsible for the outsourced contact center vendor partner, located in TX and PA, who provides approximately 175 full time resources. The director is responsible for managing an approximate $40 million annual O&M budget. This role contributes to the company’s success by ensuring that customer requests, inquiries, contacts, and commitments are handled efficiently and effectively through: developing forward-looking strategies, establishing and achieving appropriate performance goals and objectives, hiring and developing high-performing contact center staff, and fostering cohesive working relationships inside and outside of the department.
This position is also responsible for directing and managing Eversource’s relationship and day to day interface with the competitive electric energy suppliers who provide electric supply options to our residential and business customers.
- Proactively identifies and understands current and emerging best practice contact center strategies, operational practices and capabilities within, and outside of, the energy industry and; directs process changes to implement those best practices; Leverages available performance benchmarking data to drive continuous improvement across all areas of responsibility.
- Sets performance objectives for residential, business, credit contact center and social care strategy and directs operations to achieve those objectives; Evaluates and implements policies, procedures, and technologies; and ensures adequate staffing levels and high quality training results in support of those objectives.
- Creates structured collaboration with partner Director areas to solicit, consider and determine impact of process changes impacting the contact center. Guide Customer Operations contact center impacting changes towards a forward-looking plan that incorporates optimal timing, considering human and cost resource utilization across the Customer Group to best ensure successful contact center workforce planning practices.
- Directs and manages relationship and performance of sourced credit Contact Centers. This includes partnering with the Credit Director to ensure contracts are designed to meet all business needs and corporate service level, cost, and quality targets and monitoring the partnership and performance to ensure all contractual provisions are met.
- Directs the implementation of all policies, procedures and standards necessary to coordinate with competitive electric energy suppliers to ensure an efficient and effective partnership and advocacy for our customers.
- Sets direction to ensure effective leadership of all personnel with regard to performance, training, personnel, labor, and administrative practices.
- Establishes and maintain an engaged and team oriented employee working environment, demonstrating respect for employees by listening, communicating and informing. Ensures employee team building and morale oriented programs and communications. Maintain awareness of and mitigate risks around general employee issues or dissatisfaction. Ensures cohesive working relationship with Union Leadership.
- Directs the contact center’s response to emergency situations/conditions affecting the gas and electric distributions systems by ensuring information is available to customers, outside entities, and other departments.
- Leads the process to develop forecasted O&M and capital budgets and monitors compliance with all established spending targets.
- Effectively collaborates with the Customer Group Directors: Credit, Metering & Field Operations, Billing & Meter Data Services, Energy Services, Digital Strategy and Energy Efficiency. Effectively collaborates with Field Operations regarding cross functional practices that involve the Contact Centers.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment with safety oriented communication, programs, celebrations, and recognition.
- Understands all applicable Federal and State regulations and ensures compliance through the development and implementation of necessary policies, procedures, and system enhancements.
Baccalaureate degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
Minimum of twelve years of experience in customer service or high volume transaction processing environment, including managerial and supervisory experience.
Technical Knowledge/Skill :
- Knowledge of contact center operations, contact center technologies, and telephone equipment is required
- Familiarity with all applicable Federal and State regulations, gas and electric distribution and supply industries; Company billing, credit, collections, and accounting policies and procedures is preferred.
- Requires excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills, strong interpersonal and managerial skills, and demonstrated business acumen.
- Requires familiarity with labor contracts and disciplinary and personnel issues
- Requires familiarity with emergency response practices.
- Requires thorough knowledge of information technologies and systems used in a high transaction environment
- Requires proficiency with PC/laptop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email).
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Customer Service Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor