Eversource Energy Strategic Consultant and Vendor Program Manager in Windsor, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
The Strategic Consultant & Vendor Program Manager provides support to business partners within the Customer Group through the planning, development and implementation of technology and analytical tasks, assignments and initiatives. This includes understanding what products are utilized by Eversource business areas, how the products interact or feed other Eversource applications, and examining products not currently established within the Eversource environment. The Strategic Consultant & Vendor Program Manager performs a variety of analysis and evaluation efforts requiring coordination and communication with various teams within the Customer Group, IT, external vendors, as well as internal and external regulatory agencies and professional industry associations. The work entails the oversight of recommendations regarding design and development changes or upgrades to systems / applications to ensure changes are in line with the Eversource strategic direction. Identifies opportunities for business process improvements and optimization of the operation by providing strategic insights into new functionality, applications, or technology. The Strategic Consultant & Vendor Program Manager develops, runs and analyzes data requests from existing customer Information Technology (IT) systems including various data marts and data warehouses. This role also develops and documents technical specification and implementation plans for system/process related work requests or projects. Collaborates with IT to enhance IT systems to make business practices more efficient and economical.
- Plans, develops and implements a variety of complex studies and investigations including cost - benefit analyses, system design specifications, test plans, policies, procedures and other technical and administrative evaluations impacting Customer Group operations and systems.
- Initiates studies to identify Customer Group management related issues regarding the various aspects of serving customers and recommends sound creative solutions to identified problems.
- Coordinates project personnel, develops schedules and evaluates work plans to support assignments, testing needs and project management as required.
- Analyzes proposed or existing methods, policies, procedures and/or technologies related to Customer Group activities, providing recommended changes that are in line with Eversource’s strategic direction. Coach business partners as to benefits of recommended changes.
- Supports the production of Customer Group financial and operational management reports which include detailed quantitative analysis of data, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Participates in and / or leads cross-functional project teams that affect customer services processes, and Customer Group systems / applications, as well as various data marts and data warehouses.
- Represents Customer Group and Eversource on specific industry committees, professional organizations or joint study groups as authorized.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in technology and operations management; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and benchmarking state of the are practices.
- Participate in the development of a strategic system / application vision and delivery of a roadmap for evolving our use of customer service automation as a key strategic capability.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of vendor applications and systems, Eversource operations, and vendor touch points within Eversource to ensure the needs of Eversource are being met and the solutions being offered by the vendor can be integrated into the Eversource infrastructure, operations and corporate standards.
- Provide “on call” support by serving as primary point of contact for specified Customer Group system / application related issues after hours and on weekends. Take immediate action to trouble shoot issues or ensure appropriate parties are engaged to resolve issues in a timely manner and communicate status updates on a regular basis until issue is resolved.
- Influence business decision-making by providing financial / statistical analysis, insight into Customer Group infrastructure, or overall technical knowledge that leads to solutions for business requirements, making recommendations as appropriate.
- Participate in cross training efforts to ensure appropriate level of knowledge is maintained for systems / applications supported by the team.
- Lead discussions with Business and / or IT to guide design and architectural set up of Customer Group infrastructure and applications based on strategic direction of Eversource. Understand connection points between Customer Group technology infrastructure / applications and the desktop applications so can effectively troubleshoot issues or provide strategic and tactical support for the systems / applications being supported.
- Collaborates with key internal business partners to identify and resolve internal and vendor service level agreement issues. Lead efforts with vendor to ensure all root cause analysis is provided in a timely manner and effectively outlines the issue, action steps taken to resolve the issue and remediation steps being implemented to prevent repeat occurrences.
- Build relationships with vendors to understand objectives and priorities through regular meetings, review of SLAs and resolution of escalated issues.
- Serve as a liaison between internal business partners and external vendors to ensure accurate information is exchanged and business objectives are met.
- Act as escalation point for issues relating to vendor oversight, technical support or general operational needs for services or applications provided by external vendors. Take immediate action to remedy issues and manage through to resolution clearly communicating status updates on a timely basis.
- Review and approve vendor invoicing, including any performance penalties or incentives.
- Work with vendor to identify operational and procedural improvement opportunities, cost savings, industry and non-industry best practices, new service offerings, and emerging technology.
- Ensure Eversource mission, strategies, and culture are being properly represented and conveyed to customers by vendor agents, support staff and management.
- Evaluate vendor performance based on historical and current trends and communicate results to Eversource management with recommended action plan.
- Participate in regular Request for Proposal (RFP) activities, including developing requirements, statements of work, pricing models, performance metrics, bidder question responses, selection of candidates, evaluation of bids, contract aware, contract execution, vendor build and onboarding, etc.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Requires in-depth knowledge and experience with IT systems and performance reporting, customer service technology, as well as strong analytical and investigative skills. Requires demonstrated presentation, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Also requires a comprehensive knowledge of rates, billing and service requirements, DTE regulations, customer systems, meter history and meter reading data files and transactions, and various data marts and data warehouses. Requires knowledge with vendor contract management, request for proposal processing, vendor invoicing, and budgeting. Must be proficient in PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word & Excel). Medium-level programming or a demonstrated programming aptitude (COBOL, SAS, ACL, SQL, etc.) preferred. Ability to work with financial models and perform financial analysis preferred. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels across the organization and with external vendors is required. Proven ability to manage issues through to resolution.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, related discipline or equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
Experiences: A minimum of eight (8) years related experience. Demonstrated experience in building analytical models, working with IT systems, project and vendor management and financial/investment decision analysis.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor